Women's Tour For Global Understanding
Our message for a healing among nations is touching the world!
Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a psalm of brotherhood and sisterhood. If this is to be achieved, man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation.
The foundation of such a method is love. Martin Luther King
What is the Women's Tour for Global Understanding?
In the fall of 2003, A Healing Among Nations brought the first group of women from Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and Palestine to the U.S. These women connected with women of this country and will over a period of two years travel to more than thirteen cities to share their hope, their love, their wisdom and their visions of peace. Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson, honorary chair person says “what better time for our world to discover what is sacred in life”. Click here to read Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson’s complete message.
“Women everywhere are awakening to the realization that we have the choice to see our current planetary story as a hopeless crisis or a rare opportunity — OUR opportunity — to create a new story of compassion and balance by stepping boldly into global leadership.” wova.org This vision was awakened at the World Congress of Women, October 17-19th 2003 in San Francisco and the tour continued throughout the San Francisco Bay area through October 25th, 2003.
The Women will also:
- Promote widespread dialogue and create community wide opportunities for women and ultimately their children and families to become conscious peacemakers, reflecting on the moral and spiritual questions raised by our world events.
- Create socially beneficial dimensions of service, education and research within the practice of love and mercy.
- Develop peacemaker training & teams at home and abroad with skills and creative arts to heal & educate the children.
- Build a broad local and global consensus and develop citizen diplomats that is rooted in respect for unity in diversity through evolved cross cultural exchange.
- Create a fund for the needs identified by the participants.
The outcomes can:
- Teach skills and link the women to organizations that can raise their quality of life out of poverty & oppression.
- Create an International Women’s News Network and promote a media advocacy campaign to effect change in public consciousness with public service announcements that will support women’s efforts to achieve economic and social empowerment.
Other programs will include One World Live’s:
Human Rights: We will focus media attention on women’s human rights issues with weekly news releases on our web. Digital video cameras will be provided to women in a hundred countries, with editing equipment in key cities to permit women to broadcast their stories on our web site. Let the women talk. Let the women act. It is time to break the silence.Global Internet Site: This website will act as a hub to link the major women’s organizations around the world in an effort to unite and solidify our global public advocacy efforts for all the issues we stand for. We will feature the success stories and breakthroughs of women and their grassroots organizations who take their vision and transform it into courageous action to effect positive change in their communities.
Mentorship & Micro-Lending: In this effort to inspire women to claim their leadership role in all aspects of business and society, we will create the largest data bank of the best of the micro-lending and mentorship programs, as well as provide the models and tools for creating women’s circles that inspire positive social change. L. Fournier
The massed power of goodwill, the dynamic effect of intelligent and active understanding, and the potency of a trained and alive public opinion, which desires the greatest good of the greatest number are beyond belief. This dynamic power has never been employed. It can today save the world. – D.K.
What can I do?
- Become a member of The Foundation for A Healing Among Nations
- Pledge $10 or more a month and tell two other friends to make the pledge
- Invite family and friends to join the FAHAN community
- Invite your home, school, workplace, community to sponsor the tour in your city
- Volunteer and bring your talent and skills
Send your tax-deductible contribution of any amount to Fahan, a 501c3 non-profit organization. Your contribution will support the cost of communicating the AHAN message for the Women’s Tour for Global Understanding.
The Foundation for A Healing Among Nations
2683 Via De La Valle, Suite G117, Del Mar, CA 92014
You can also donate using paypal or any mojor credit card using the link above.
For More donation information click here